In addition to remote on-line application, you may also apply in person at the Pike County Sheriff's Office, located at 120 West Church Street, Troy, AL 36081.
This application is for a general class, non-restrictive concealed carry permit. It covers concealed carry of a handgun and does not require the licensee to carry a specific firearm.
Please read the following before applying for a permit:
- You can only apply for a permit in the county where you live; therefore you must be a resident of Pike County before you can apply for a permit with this office.
- You are not required to have a permit for a rifle or shotgun.
- Once the application has been submitted, please allow 30 business days for it to be processed.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a permit.
- Permits can be issued up to 5 (five) years at a time.
- The Sheriff's Office accepts most forms of payment. If paying in person, we can accept cash (correct change please) and personal checks. Debit / Credit Cards are accepted, but the payment must be completed through our website.
Click Here to Apply for Online Permit
It is the policy of the Pike County Sheriff's Office to maintain the privacy of all individuals who hold a concealed carry firearms permit issued by the Sheriff of Pike County. Records concerning information on concealed carry firearms permits are considered confidential and are not released to the public.
In 2001, the State of Alabama passed legislation recognizing licenses issued by other states. If you are traveling outside the State of Alabama, it is recommended that you call or go online and check other states gun laws about reciprocity.